Hindi TV Serial
& Films Story & Screenplay Writer.
STORY SCREENPLAY :
- STORY – SCREENPLAY Written by Mukund Trivedi
• Gist of the Story (Which kind of story –
social, historical, emotional, war, suspense etc.
• Background of the story (The story begin with
which place – town, village or any country is
• Characterization (internal and external behavior
of the character and the chemistry of two characters
and their relation and what is the relation of other
characters, their thought, their nature, their thinking,
thought process and how they behave)
• You can start the story from anywhere for
any character, any situation but it should be interesting
• Throughout the screen play we have to hold
the audience that what will happen… there should
be curiosity… anxiety…. Remember there
should not be any situation or scene should not be
• Screenplay and dialogue should be interesting.
Not too long and boring. Very short and sweet. To
the point. Sometimes silent scene or situation is
giving deep impact and effective.
• What is new thought in story line you have
which could be different than others.
• What is message you are giving.
• Only story, screenplay or dialogue more of
a time… is useless. After reading the script
or watching the movie you don’t understand the
storyline or it is not interesting or inspiring, so
you should think and write different and meaningful.
• With the story-screenplay gradually it should
be interesting… and there should be a question
in mind that what happen next. Curiosity is important.
Your idea… message and unique line will give
you a new identity.
• Premises are very important.
• There is always a starting…meet point
and interval should be very interesting.
• Climax should be better than that. The last
few scenes are very important. (sometimes you have
to think more and more about the climax and end)
• In the story-screenplay there should be turning
point time-to-time. Sometime twist and turns….
Making this more interesting… of course there
should be a hook before
• Drama…. Melo drama is also important….
It comes with the bang.
• Off course treatment…. Highlights…
is making creates more interesting and suspense throughout
from beginning to end.
• Write the story in present world and about
the future for next generation. Never adopt the old
pattern or storyline because your reader or your film
will be for the next generation.
• It should give you motivation…. Logical
• Start the story with any difficult situation…
it should be different and new.
• You should always back the mind… about
your way… how to write and goal in mind before
reach up to climax.
• Every character should be different and their
characterization creates different interest, conflict
• Every character has value, so before involve
any character you should know that when you will use
the character in the future (story-screenplay). Otherwise
do not think about your character to whom you don’t
require in future.
• First 10 minutes and last 10 minutes and before
interval point and climax where you can hold the audience.
It should be very interesting and it should flow like
• Boring and long scene you try to avoid.
• If two characters or more are talking or doing
something in a scene, it should not be seating…
it should not be silent. They are doing something
and talking and moving. It gives space to the subject.
• Do not misguide or forget the main story.
You should hold one line from beginning to end.
• Second half should interesting then first
• Flash back and flash forward scene are very
important… which you should know where to use
effectively… it should be very small, not big
(informative – drop back story).
• Write the story-screenplay by sequence from
beginning to end. There should not be jump cut, jerk.
It should be one straight line like a Perl neck less.
• The story-screenplay should be very clear
and simple, not confusing, not so deep with philosophical,
so common man cannot be understand.
• Remember whatever you are writing and making
the film, the family people can read or see…
it should not be uncensored or you feel bad about
• To write some better story-screenplay, it
is not important that you are a good author or highly
• You should write in simple and better way
to understand the audience.
• You play with the characters rather it is
suspense, comedy, thrill, how you can use the best
of the best of every character.
• You are giving shape a story which has no
value before your writing.
• It is a art, the only different thing is presentation….
How intelligent you are…. How claver you are….
Gradually one by one you will gather the knowledge.
• There is always chance to improvisation. You
mentally ready to write one subject, so many time…
and every time you can improvise more.
• This is the high time you should think. You
read all the point more than twice and try to understand.